I absolutely LOVE lasagna but whenever I make it I make a complete mess of our kitchen. I use every pot, pan and dish in our kitchen which drives my husband absolutely crazy. SO, when I found this recipe, I fell in love and had to share it with all of you. It is a no-boil noodle recipe and it turns out perfectly. I actually prefer it to other recipes because the noodles soak up the excess moisture plus you don’t have to use a pot to boil the noodles or a colander!
No-Boil Noodle Lasagna Recipe
1 lb. Italian sausage
8 oz. whole wheat noodles uncooked
1/2 clove garlic (1 tsp.)
2 T. parsley leaves
1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. basil
1/2 t. sugar
1 can 16 oz. tomato paste
1 can 15 oz. tomato sauce
1/2 c. water
24 oz. cottage cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
3 c. mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Fry meat. Drain off fat and add garlic, 1 T. parsley, oregano, basil, sugar, tomato paste, sauce and water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on low 15 minutes covered.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, 1 T. parsley, pepper, mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Spray entire pan with Pam. Layer sauce, noodles, cottage cheese mix, repeat (ending with cheese on top).
- Cook 350-375 degrees for 30 – 40 minutes.
Yum yum, eat up!
Here’s what we were blogging about this time last year.